Mozilla Firefox, Fedora Core 3 Out! And new MyDoom virus too!

Well today is the big day for Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and it looks like its home page is swamped! I suppose that is good news, but you would have thought they would have prepared the web servers for the bombardment. Fortunately the ftp servers seems fine (since they are actually distributed everywhere) and it was easy to grab a copy of the new official release. So far so good!

Fedora Core 3 was released yesterday and I grabbed all the ISO images via BitTorrent. If only I had write permissions on wuarchive, I would write them there, but alas, no such luck! So instead I have them on my own mirror site.

Looks like a new MyDoom virus variant e-mails just simple HTML links which are not so easily caught by virus catchers. Instead I had to search for the particular text strings in the messages themselves in our system /etc/procmailrc file. Luckily that should stop the little buggers. What an annoyance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!