What's new with me?

Hmm, not too much. The Cardinals are cruising through the rest of the season now with their magic number down to 10 after last night's win over the Mets. Carpenter is up to 21 wins and looks the the Cy Young winner for the year. Good for him!

No new Linux distributions of note in the past few weeks. MEPIS 3.3.2 should be finalized soon, but it is just an update. Version 3.4 should be a more substantial update when it moves to KDE 3.4. I am also awaiting the CD version of KNOPPIX 4.0 which should be pretty soon.

I am currently listening to the new Audio Adrenaline CD Until My Heart Caves In, which is the first CD of theirs I actually purchased. I think the new AA sounds nothing like the old Bloom/Zombie AA which I never really cared for back in the mid-90's when I first started listening to Christian music. I much prefer the "Tyler Burkum" sound which is now their mainstay. But hey, I always preferred the more "pop" style of Christian music as you can tell on my CCM Lyric website. I have also been listening to the new Casting Crowns CD, Lifesong, which is pretty good, but for some reason to me sounds more like SCC than their debut album which Steven helped produce. In any case, the big fall release will be Switchfoot's new CD, Nothing is Sound which comes out next week. I think it is going to be a huge sales success since it sounds a lot like The Beautiful Letdown but with a lot more hype and marketing behind it. It is amazing what marketing and hype can do these days. If only Jon Foreman had been an "Americal Idol" contestant; then it would ship triple platinum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!