End of month Linux news...

Time to update this worthless blog! It looks like KNOPPIX Version 5.0 DVD has been released at CeBIT but I also bittorrented the Engish ISO image and dumped it on wuarchive for folks to pick up and try. There is also a copy of Accelerated KNOPPIX there, hacked by some Japanese folks to make KNOPPIX boot faster. It seems to work pretty well. The KANOTIX folks also released a 2006 CeBIT version of their updated CD version with KDE 3.5.1 which can be found here.

As for my former favorite distro, MEPIS, they have made news by deciding to use Ubuntu as their base distribution instead of just plain Debian. Frankly I think that is a fine idea since I have been using Ubuntu now as my new standard distro now anyway. Since the "Dapper Drake" version of Ubuntu should be finalized up here in a couple months (due June 1, 2006) I am sure a new MEPIS should be arriving shortly afterwards. When is does I will post it on my MEPIS mirror on wuarchive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!