Amazing! I actually won something again!!

Well, the Christian music industry sure has been nice to me! Last year I won a bunch of CD's from ChristianityToday.com when I submitted my picks for their Reader's Choice awards, and this year just a week after talking about HearItFirst.com and their contest to give CD's and a T-shirt to someone who blogs about them... I won again! So if you ever wondered what type of person wins contests like these, you can say it is someone like me. I don't know what I did to deserve to win, but now, yet again, I will have to try to find space in my CD rack for some more CD's!! I guess I am older and more "market worthy" than your average popular music purchaser (i.e. young adult or teenager) since I am a 40 something with a full-time professional job who still buys a lot of music. I know when you pay $20 to fill your tank with gas, paying less money to get a legal music CD and helping to support hard working, talented musicians doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Let's not mention paying those electricity bills, groceries, etc... Paying $12 or $15 for a CD for some nice music is nothing. Plus with artists like Jars of Clay, Audio Adrenaline, etc, who spend countless dollars and hours of their own supporting very worthy causes, you don't feel like your money is just going to a bunch of big money executives. (I won't mention the record company executives, though...)

As for finding space in my CD rack, I did sell one of my older Cece Winan's CD's on BarterBee.com, and I am considering selling a Delirious CD on LaLa.com where I have some things posted. Those are neat sites for getting rid of older CD's you no longer listen to and getting other selections. I just hope the person I sold my CD to wasn't upset it took me so long to send it to him. I was waiting for my BarterBee envelopes to arrive!! So now I have spent $4.50 at BarterBee for five envelopes, one of which I used and I have yet to select a CD to purchase there with my now $8 of credit there. Someone convince me that I truly am still ahead in this deal. I know I did clear out that one spot in my CD rack!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!