SCC "This Moment" Release Day

Well, today is the official release day of Steven Curtis Chapman's new album "This Moment" and I had hoped to receive the official CD yesterday in the mail since I had pre-ordered it, but it didn't show up (boo-hoo!). I had pre-ordered and received Aaron Shust's "Whispered and Shouted", Casting Crowns' "The Altar and the Door", Chris Tomlin's "See The Morning" and Audio Adrenaline's "Adios" all the Monday evenings before their release dates, but not "This Moment". I am hoping it will show up today. I have to check if I had missed any lyrics on my "This Moment" lyrics page and I also have to update my SCC Bible verse search engine with his new referenced verses on his liner notes. I think it is neat that fans have been able to pre-order and listen to the album for two whole months before the release, and I am curious how other people will take to the new album.

In my opinion, I still think the killer track on the album that will get folks to buy it is not the current single, "Miracle of the Moment", the worship songs("Yours" and "With One Voice"), nor the typical upbeat pop/rock singles like "Something Crazy", "Broken" or "You Are Being Loved". It is "Cinderella" and then possibly "One Heartbeat" that will do it. In that vein I think he should have put "Beautiful Scars" on the CD, pushing it up to 12 tracks (there was still plenty of room on the CD for that!) The piano work on this album is even better than from "All Things New", and I think he should emphasize it more (hey, Casting Crowns is doing it and doing it very well too!)

I noticed HearItFirst.com was having a SCC library giveaway contest and I was all ready to sign up for it. But then I looked at the prize list and it was just a bunch of older SCC albums, all of which I already owned. I was hoping for something unique and special. I also noticed in the contest rules that all the CD's in library are labeled as having a retail price of $13.97 to $13.99 except for "Declaration" at $17.98. Why is a 6 year old album the most valuable one? I don't get it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!