I'm a nut, but my wife has a nut wizard!


My wife recently had a birthday, and she told us what she really wanted. No, not jewelry, or flowers or anything like that -- she wanted the same tool our neighbor at our new house had for picking up sweet gum balls. It is a strange contraption that looks like a rotating whisk at the end of a pole, somewhat like you would see at a bingo game. So then we had to find one! The local Lowes, Home Depot or other hardware stores did not seem to carry them so I looked online (Thanks again, Google!).

What I found was it is a "Nut Wizard" and it is sold several places, including online and locally by some fellow named Dick Level who grabbed the domain name thenutwizard.com. Since I realized the guy lived locally in the St. Louis area, I thought I would call him just to see if he knew where I could buy one nearby. He just told me to give him my credit card information and he would ship one out. Well, since I was the one who called him, and he is easily tracked by his phone and website, I gave it a shot and gave him the info on our least used credit card with the lowest limit (the one we use online most of the time). Sure enough in two days the magical tool showed up at our house ready to be used. My wife has now used it a few times and it works great.

You simply roll the large ball on the ground and the sweet gum balls slip inside the wires and very soon you have a whole bunch of them inside the wired ball. It is too bad there is no practical use for sweet gum balls, since we sure can collect a lot of them now. We have a massive gum ball tree in our yard and each neighbor on each side of us has one too. The annual harvest from our neighborhood could probably produce enough gum balls to build a small house if you could glue them all together. One thing I found amazing while Googling for the nut wizard is that some people actually try selling sweet gum balls on eBay. I cannot imagine anyone actually buying them! If anyone wants more I will sell them to you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
it's a really nice blog thanks for add my comment...

Play you bingo games, learn how to play bingo, online bingo games with us and if you want to read bingo rules and all about bingo games then click on www.yourbingogame.com and get fun all your bingo games.Bingo Rules

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!