Buying more CAT6 cables


Well, previously I had posted I could get CAT6 cables cheaper at Provantage, but since we need a bunch more for the start of a new school year, I went to Provantage and they have raised the price of their cheapest 7' CAT6 cables to $3.59 each. That is a good price but not as low as they had before. I know we get free shipping at CDWG but their cheapest 7' CAT6 cable was a Tripp-Lite cable at $5.68! So I found some BYTECC cables for $1.99 each at NewEgg.com (with a quantity discount). Even with almost $20 in shipping, since I was buying 30 of them it was a lot cheaper than the $5.68 with free shipping I would get at CDWG or the $3.59 plus about $9 shipping form Provantage. Hey, I'm saving the university money, and they need it so they build more multi-million dollar buildings covered in pink granite!

On another bargain note, my buddies at Geeks.com are again having a free shipping sale. This time they have Xbox 360 bundles which looks cheaper than the deal my son got from eBay. Oh well, it's not like he needs more video games!

And speaking of Wash U, I can officially be considered an alumnus, employee and now a parent of a student of an illustrious #12 ranked national university. Now that my daughter is officially enrolled as a freshman here, we get the full bombardment of mailings possible of anyone in any way affiliated with Washington University in St. Louis. Can they send our household any more mail? If they only realized they could send it to me via campus mail, they could save all that money and maybe increase our salaries that were frozen this year. At least they are keeping the St. Louis area post offices in business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!