Inexpensive Guilty Pleasure - Sonic 99 Cent Sundaes

Yesterday to celebrate the Fourth, we decided to skip the fireworks and go to Sonic instead. Since they have their after 8:00pm 99 cent sundae special, we decided to go there and indulge in some inexpensive ice cream. It was starting to drizzle but the Sonic had an awning and it was not too hot to just park there and eat ice cream. We picked the closest one to us, the one on Manchester in Brentwood which we had not been to in two whole weeks (since Father's Day, when I decided it would be fun.) Once again I ordered a hot fudge sundae, but it appeared to be just a chocolate one. But I did not complain since it was only 99 cents! It appears the Sonic Blasts are also only 99 cents since my daughter bought one (a Reese's one). They skipped the whipped cream and cherry on our sundaes and gave us more ice cream instead, so again, I did not complain. It all tasted pretty good to me! I remember earlier in the Spring we had stopped by the Baskin-Robbins at McKnight and Manchester one evening and they had a special nightly deal as well ($1 cones on Tuesday evenings, perhaps?) I am not sure if they still offer that special during the summer, but that sounds good too. There is also the St. Louis Frozen Custard on the corner of McKnight and Manchester (where the Rock Hill Amighetti's and Sherwin Paint store live), but I have never actually tried them out. We have visited Amighetti's, the paint store, and Bandana's and Baskin-Robbins on the other side of McKnight, but have never tried the frozen custard place. And speaking of that corner and barbecue, I have been curious about trying the Plush Pig barbecue that moved there recently. For some reason my family would rather just go to Bandana's instead of trying some place new. I love trying new places to eat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!