No More Green Hall Live Webcam Action!


I was very sad to see that Clayco has stopped updating the Wash U Green Hall webcam that has been running non-stop since April 2010. It seems to have ended as of last Friday, October 7, so now I must grab some of the images before they take it down altogether. I can no longer catch myself or other people on the sidewalk as they walk to and from the Skinker Metrolink. How sad! In memorial I have captured some photos from Wednesday. October 5, which I like to call "instant lawn day", the day that the green grass amazingly appeared on the corner of Skinker and Forest Park Parkway, all captured by the now deceased Green Hall webcam. At 9:53am that morning the corner was still as I saw it Tuesday evening, all dirt except for the two strips of grass by the sidewalk. But then the transformation begins:
9:53am
10:52am
11:52am
In two hours the corner is transformed into a sea of beautiful grass, thanks to a large crew of ground workers and Washington University's large piles of money. I remember walking down the sidewalk that evening and enjoying the lovely scene. Alas, I will never again get to capture the step by step changes to the corner. I will have to wait for Wash U to build yet another building and set up another webcam!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!