New Free Church Play site moved to WordPress on HostGator

 

At the beginning of this month Google decided that our old Google site dedicated to our free church play scripts had to be updated so we decided it was time to do as Google asked and update it. The options there were pretty limiting but I was able to migrate all the content and the 13 script pages we had there into a new format Google site. One thing we noticed, however, is that it would not allow me to put any Google Adsense ads back on it, and once I read around I realized nobody could add Adsense ads to Google sites since 2013, and we were only allowed to keep our ads intact because our site was opened up before 2013 (it was created back in 2009) and we were grandfathered. 

So today I decided to migrate the whole thing to WordPress which is easier to use anyway and allow Google to place ads back in it. I am hosting it on my same HostGator site that hosts my calculator site where I can actually run a number of WordPress sites. My "Dead Reckoning" estate planning site is there and now my Free Church Plays Script site is there as well. One new page I added on the church play site is a page dedicated to modifying one of our play scripts so people can use them in the current times on Zoom. I gave a number of instructions and hints on how to create a virtual Christmas Children's Program by using Zoom and the "Spotlight" feature to essentially turn the program into an online virtual movie extravaganza like Hamilton (okay, maybe not exactly like Hamilton). 

In some ways an online Zoom Christmas program will be a much better way for the cast members to be seen as individuals, since typically they are all just a mob at the front of the sanctuary without many lines and which you cannot always see too well individually from the pews. Now on Zoom each and every person will be "spotlighted" and be allowed to take front and center stage, and with the recording option they can likely be played and replayed many times for the whole world to see. The pandemic and the prevalence of online technologies like Zoom has made this the new normal where everyone is online all the time and that is how everything gets done. I wonder once we have the vaccine and we can get somewhat back to more of the "old ways" of things, if much of this will continue anyway as many people have come to prefer Zoom meetings over in-person ones, and prefer everything online versus doing anything in-person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!