MEPIS 6.0 Alpha Released

Aha, the MEPIS team has released an Alpha of MEPIS 6.0 which is based on the soon to be released Ubuntu "Dapper Drake". As usual it is available for download from ftp.wustl.edu. I will have to try it out myself, as I haven't tested any of the Flight releases of Dapper Drake myself yet, having stayed pretty much with 5.10 (Breezy Badger) on most of our systems here. Frankly, I am starting to prefer GNOME over KDE, even though I use KDE on my main Linux station in my office (I do prefer konsole over gnome terminal, but that may just be due to familiarity). I'll have to test out the MEPIS 6.0 Alpha as a LiveCD and see how it looks. One thing I don't understand is why Ubuntu must have separate LiveCD and Install CD versions where MEPIS has always worked fine just having one CD do both. Go figure.

As for the Dove Awards, as expected Chris Tomlin walked away with a bunch of the top awards including Song and Artist of the Year. And it sounds like there was an unannounced tribute performed for Steven Curtis Chapman by some of his friends (Mark Hall, Mac Powell, Jeremy Camp, David Crowder) in honor of his 50th Dove Award. They are supposed to broadcast the show on April 23rd here in St. Louis on UPN (Channel 46) so I will have to set up my VCR to catch it! Sure, it's just another cheesy award show, but I like cheese!

Sanctus Real's new album "The Face of Love" was released last week and it sounds really good. It definitely sounds more "Switchfoot-esque" with a more mature sound, and very introspective lyrics. I think they have another winner on their hands. I am not sure what is up with Matt's hair, though; I think he may be going for a more grown up look. He's gone from a messy Jon Foreman look to a more "spiky" Jeremy Camp kind of look. Oh well, he still just looks like Nicholas Cage to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!