Ubuntu, the Cardinals and the new MercyMe CD

How about one post on three completely different topics? I'll start with my usual boring drivel about Linux distributions to get rid of all but the diehards. Canonical has just released the second Beta of Ubuntu 6.06 (The Dapper Drake) which fixes "serious flaws in the installer". Hmmm, maybe that is why when I was trying to install Xubuntu onto a Pentium II box it got stuck and went nowhere (I ended up using DSL instead which installed flawlessly). I guess the final release of Ubuntu is supposed to be ready June 1, so they only have one more full month.

Next topic is a much more popular topic of discussion, Major League Baseball!! Who would have guessed that near the end of April the only three teams in all of MLB with 15 wins would be in the NL Central? Okay, so maybe people would have guessed Houston and the Cardinals, but they would have also guessed the Yankees and maybe the White Sox. Whereas the White Sox are close, it is good to see the Yankees having to play catch up. And although Pujols is looking to have another MVP season, it has been good to see some of the new, younger players stepping up for the Cards to make clutch hits. But overall the Cards are looking very good this year. Now, if we could only get rid of those darn Astros...

My last topic is about the new MercyMe CD, "Coming Up To Breathe". Now, I have always liked MercyMe, but I never put them among my favorites, thinking of them as gliding by on the strength of "I Can Only Imagine" and other similar ballads ("Homesick") for most of their popular run. However, this new album is changing my mind. They definitely have a lot more energy on this album with a lot more guitars and a very catchy variety of songs. It is hard to stop listening to this album, and in my ~200 song playlist playing on my desktop here at work, I keep wanting to switch back to these 13 songs. Yes, I am skipping my Switchfoot, Jars of Clay and Sanctus Real tracks to play MercyMe, which is something I didn't expect in the past. You can buy it for $9.99 at christianbook.com too, which is a steal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!