Time for more worthless ramblings...

Well, my most noteworthy news since my last post is that my lovely mymirrors site died an untimely death since I was hosting it on a dedicated server a friend had purchased for his business. But after one specific mailing from the server someone complained about, the hosting company took it off line, reformatted the drive and sold the IP address to someone else! So I had to move my mirror site elsewhere. So I ended up moving it to my mighty Dell Optiplex GX1 in my office running Xubuntu 6.06. Yes, a Pentium-III with 192MB of RAM and a 12GB hard drive! But it serves out the files just fine. I have put the latest Puppy, DSL and SLAX versions there and nobody has complained!

The Cards are in a mighty big rut right now, having lost six straight games to the White Sox and Tigers. The most amazing part is they are still 2 games in first place in the NL Central just because the Reds have not been able to take advantage of the Card's slide. Luckily now they will come home and play some typically worse AL teams (Indians, Royals)! Whew!

Comments

Unknown said…
I know this post is old but if you use a disk like knoppix to make a swap space and ext3 and then boot and install xubuntu it will work. I installed it on that exact machine but with 128mb of ram.

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!