Mozilla Firefox 3.5 final release -- a few more hours


Well, they have been saying today was the day, so when I came in today, I checked www.mozilla.com to see if they really were going to make their release by the "first half of 2009", and it looks like they are waiting a few more hours. Another site claimed it was going to be released around 5pm GMT which translates to noon here in St. Louis. I'll be curious to see how quickly it will download once it is released. It is only an 8MB file and is heavily mirrored so it should be able to be downloaded fairly quickly. I have been using the RC3 for the last week or so on my laptop and it already seems pretty stable. I am not sure why they are waiting until the last minute. I checked the FTP site at ftp.mozilla.org and they do not have it there waiting either.

Update 10:30am St. Louis time: Okay, it is now available and it downloaded quite quickly. No big deal as expected! It seems the same as RC3 to me, which is fine! I even checked the log files on a couple web servers and it seems quite a few people have been using 3.5 beta and RC versions for quite a while now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!