New music albums and streaming sites

It has been a while since I have mentioned any new Christian music, but since Everyday Sunday released their new album this Tuesday ("Best Night of Our Lives"), I think I am due! On Monday I even received a message from Aaron Shust's e-mail list telling me his new album "Take Over" is now available for pre-order at his website for only $9.98. Unfortunately they are charging a shipping charge of $3.99, but I paid it anyway and have it on pre-order. I get it autographed for what that is worth, but I will be happy just to get to listen to it all early in a "listening party".

Another cool site I discovered (from my daughter who learned about it from someone else) is Grooveshark.com, which is similar to imeem or last.fm, but has a much easier interface for building playlists and finding songs. Once you start playing with it, the other free online streaming music sites seem archaic in comparison. When you find a song you like you just click on a "Add to Queue" icon that appears on it when you hover over it and it gets added to your playlist on the bottom of your page. The playlist just keeps on playing as you add more songs or delete them.

My latest cool software toy is a freebie for converting video file formats, Prism Video Converter which you can safely download from download.com. Their free version covers most of the conversions you really need, so I do not see why you would need to purchase their Prism Plus version. I used it to shrink a video we made of my son replacing a toilet seat (with my wife's assistance) which we then put on YouTube, just because we can! (It was his idea)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!