Latest Local St. Louis Ramblings


Well, my last posting was when the Cardinals were only down one game to zero against the Dodgers, on the day of the second game. It was a much more hopeful time for the Redbirds. Alas, so much for their season, and now we get to wait until Spring and watch the Rams lose to every team in the NFL. I may have to follow Blues hockey more and cheer for the Mizzou Tigers instead, as well as the mighty Wash U Bears (but, of course!)

One interesting tidbit I found on the Post-Dispatch site was a salary database of every single employee of every public school district in the state of Missouri. Unfortunately stltoday.com uses these massive URL's that are almost unreadable so I hope my link works. It is very informational, but it does seem to be an invasion of privacy of some sort. Not only can you find out how much anybody paid for their home in the county or city of St. Louis, but you can find the salary of any public employee? The database link at http://www.stltoday.com/info has a ton of other very informative data there for your perusal. It is pretty cool but also pretty scary.

On another completely different topic, I actually received an invitation to Google Voice so I signed up for the thing. I am not sure what to do with it though, since I really do not like using my cell phone very much, so I pointed it just to my work phone number and my GMail account. I am also still awaiting to see how Wash U is going to implement the Live@Edu program. They said I would be part of the beta group, but I am still awaiting more information. Since the school year is already 1/4 over, you would think they would have done something by now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!