More Penny Pinching for Cheapskates


My son's TI-15 calculator is getting dim so I had to find a new battery for the thing, which is a CR2025 lithium coin battery. I did a quick check at Walgreens.com and saw that they sold them, but only as a pair for $6.99. That is a reasonable price, but I only need one of them! So I checked some other sites, and again ended up with my latest favorite local retailer, Micro Center, which is conveniently located at the Brentwood Promenade near Target. They have individual Duracell 2025 coin batteries there for $1.99, although I noticed I had to search using 2025 instead of CR2025. I also needed two CR2032 batteries for my garage door remote, so I will get those there as well (also $1.99 each), so my total cost will be $5.97 plus tax instead of $13.98 plus tax at Walgreens. I also have a friend in my department here at Wash U who just purchased a brand new ASUS T91 netbook and wanted to purchase a 32GB SDHC card to use as additional storage. Online we could find several options around $80, but I noticed at Micro Center they had a generic 32GB SDHC card available for only $74.99 that he could pick up right away! He told me today that he ran out last night and purchased it, and the only problem he encountered was navigating to the Promenade now from southbound Hanley (take Meridian/Musick west to get to westbound Eager to the north Promenade entrance). Then he had to find the inexpensive generic SDHC cards in the store, and then he was happy! Being a fellow technogeek, he also loved the huge variety of products available in the store, which I definitely hope survives in this not so healthy economy. I could have saved a couple bucks and ordered the coin batteries off eBay, but since I need the calculator battery right away I will stop there on my way home and help out MicroCenter this time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
saved the Micro Center URL cause it looked like an alternative to Tiger & Geeks. Less money for "stuff" is always great. Like you I have short arms & deep pockets".

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!