One item I wanted for this past Christmas was a small UPS to backup our AT&T U-Verse gateway during power outages. So I ordered an APC Back-UPS BE350G from Amazon which I knew would supply plenty of power for such a small device (and could also help a laptop or tablet or phone running for a while too.) I knew we had ordered APC BE550G units for work before and they have been quite reliable, but I did not need 550VA (330W) for just a gateway, a phone and maybe a laptop. So I ordered the BE350G and knew that would be sufficient for the purpose. So when I received it excitedly on Christmas morning, I knew what I would do later that week, use the PowerChute software to turn off the annoying alarm (like I had done for all our APC units at work) and then peacefully let it backup our AT&T U-Verse modem/router at home. But when I opened up the box, I was in for a sad reality - the BE350G does not have a USB interface and does not let you silence the alarm! All the APC units we have...
Comments