New KNOPPIX 3.8 CeBIT Edition Out, new SAM 2 beta version

With the CeBIT starting up in Germany, Klaus and the KNOPPIX folks have released a new version 3.8 for the convention. It is available via BitTorrent at stacktrace.org, or via FTP/HTTP at WUARCHIVE.WUSTL.EDU, of course! I have dumped it on the mirror but have yet to try it out myself yet.

I have also put the beta version of SAM (sam-2005-2beta.iso) on my own Linux mirror site. Like KNOPPIX 3.8 it also uses the 2.6.11 kernel with its goal being a system for "average users".

Comments

Anonymous said…
You should check out puppy linux, it's a very cool concept.
Anonymous said…
Well Duh, I should have looked at your download mirrors before posting that!

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!