Appeal for Contributions

Okay, I know everybody is hurting during this holiday season due to the depressed economy, but I am going to make an appeal for one of my favorite charitable organizations, and I do not mean myself! Even though we are not doing so wonderfully ourselves right now, we are able to stay ahead of our bills and maintain both our homes (until we are able to sell one of them next year!) My position at Washington University is at least reasonably secure even given the university's large drop in their endowment so we are grateful for not having to worry too much ourselves. The same cannot be said for many of the charitable organizations in the area which have seen huge losses of donations in the past several months. One of our favorites is Kingdom House here in South St. Louis city. They provide a lot of needed services to low income families in their St. Louis city neighborhood, from day care and youth services, to helping people find employment and helping take care of seniors. We have already contributed to them both directly and through our church, but we may sent even more. I don't think anybody will be sending them a multi-billion dollar bailout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!