Ghost almost killed me, but Clonezilla saved me!

So I was trying to clone the hard drive of someone's laptop so I thought I would use a copy of Ghost 2003 I had used in the past. It installed just fine, but when it was going to reboot to start imaging the drive it just went to the gray and blue screen and froze. I could not even get the laptop to boot into the XP installed on the drive after powering down. I had to boot from an Ubuntu CD and use the command line fdisk to change the bootable partition back to the main NTFS file system (Ghost creates its own tiny boot partition for its utilities). It seems our Ghost 2003 is not very compatible with the SATA drive in the laptop. So I just gave up on Ghost and tried the latest Clonezilla LiveCD. With the CD and my cheap $10 USB to IDE/SATA adapter from Geeks.com I had the drive copied over in less than an hour. Why didn't I start with Clonezilla to begin with?

Also, I would just like to mention a new yoga blog written by the wife of a co-worker, just because I can. He came up with the strangest name SweatyYaYa (sweaty yaya?) on BlogSpot which supposedly sounds like something about yoga in Sanskrit. I am certainly not up on my yoga lingo. You will have to ask him about it directly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!