Two great services for Cheapskates like me!

I love free stuff and I like cheap stuff, so I will talk about two that I am currently using. The latest freebie I tried out is adrive.com which is another free web based storage site like xdrive, but they offer a whopping 50GB of storage for free. My current favorite had been inbox.com, whose interface I still prefer (and who has a nice integration with their free mail service). However, it is hard to pass up the 50GB size since most other places only offer up to 5GB free. I tested their speed both from the university's ultra-fast connection and from my not so fast AT&T DSL connection from home, and it seems comparable to inbox, which had always been pretty quick too. So I will use both now since they are both free!

My other favorite service to use is Virgin Mobile for cell phone service. Over the years we have jumped from cell phone provider to provider like other folks, and we just cannot justify the $25+/month most places charge since we are not incessant cell phone users. Since we just use 20 or 30 minutes a month, those monthly plans with 200+ free minutes per month or unlimited minutes is not worth it for us. So we dropped Cingular and first went with Tracfone, which was definitely cheaper than Cingular but their selection of phones was lacking and their customer service was not overly impressive. Then I heard some people really like Virgin Mobile and we discovered they were even cheaper than Tracfone. They use Sprint's network and our coverage has been very good and their website works very well (I am big on nice websites!). Plus you can earn up to 75 free minutes a month by watching corny online ads (up to 5 per day using SugarMamma) so at a $5 per month charge at 20 cents per minute ($15 every 90 days with an automated "Top-Up" plan), that adds up to 100 minutes per month for $5. You can't beat that! Plus they always have other promotions as well. In fact if anybody reading this blog posting buys and activates a Virgin Mobile phone with my special referral code of ZTT06G9L, you will receive 60 extra minutes free and so will I!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!