My Modified Wealth Calculator after Reading "Stop Acting Rich"

I have always enjoyed reading Thomas J. Stanley's books since he wrote the Millionaire Next Door over a decade ago. His latest book, Stop Acting Rich, came out in 2009 and I did not even realize it was out. He is another geeky numbers guy like me and I love all the numbers he gives in his books. I wrote up a wealth calculator years ago based on his equations form the first book, but now I have modified it to include the "wealth equation" from "Stop Acting Rich". He has since accumulated a lot more data which provided him with more specific threshold values for when someone becomes balance sheet affluent (BA) or income sheet affluent (IA). These are more specific than his earlier under accumulator of wealth (UAW), prodigious accumulator of wealth (PAW) designations he had in the past. In his earlier books his cutoffs were simply 1/2 the "expected wealth" and 2 times the "expected wealth" as cutoffs. Now with real data he has changed the cutoffs to be anyone under 0.88 of expected net worth to be income sheet affluent and over 1.84 to be balance sheet affluent. I had also created another calculator his his book specifically for women, Millionaire Women Next Door, which calculates the related "Return on Net Worth" and "Economic Productivity Index". This guy can come up with new indices and ratios for just about anything, but I love them all! I will calculate anything he can make up.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi:
Nice post.
Here's my small survey tool to calculate net wealth
http://www.totalwealthassessment.com

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!