YouTube to DVD Conversion Process


Someone in our department wanted a couple YouTube videos burned to DVD so I figured out how to do it without any new purchased software, so I thought I would document how I did it so I can always remember in the future. This first step is just to grab the YouTube videos to a computer, and my favorite way to do this is using the YouTube Downloader from BienneSoft. This is terrific, free software that downloads the Flash FLV files from YouTube so they are sitting on your hard drive. If you have a copy of VLC Media Player that is really all you need to watch YouTube videos offline, but if you want to watch them on a standard DVD player you must go a bit further. I took the files off my Windows PC and moved them to my iMac for the next step.

Since I have an iMac in my office and I was familiar with iDVD, all I needed was something to convert the Flash FLV files into a format that iDVD could read. The easiest solution was to convert them to QuckTime MOV files, so I used FLV Crunch which I downloaded from CNET.com. It is a nice little utility that does all sorts of conversions on the Mac platform. So I thought I was all ready to put the converted QuickTime movies into iDVD and burn them, when I realized one of the movies was too long to fit and it would be better if  I could split it into two pieces. All I needed for that was QTCoffee from 3AM Coffee Software which includes a lot more than just a movie splitter. I was them able to split up the one long movie into two shorter ones and master a couple DVD's that showed the YouTube movie clips just fine. Then I burned it all to a couple cheap DVD-R media and I was done. It is great that there are so many neat videos on-line, but sometimes you want to take them with you!

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lazarus Lupin said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gonzo39 said…
Great blog, will bookmark you and check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...New Build Planning Permission
david said…
Aria digital video production has been established for over 20 years and takes pride in producing high quality standards for our customers.

DVD and Cd Duplication

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!