Cards advance, Rams pull out a surprise

After Saturday's loss, it was good to see the Cardinals return to true form to beat the Dodgers convincingly yesterday. The Dodgers are a class team, though and played hard. I look forward to the NL Championship and then that Cards vs. Red Sox World Series!!

The Rams even had a good 4th quarter yesterday. After falling behind by 17 I had already counted them out, but somehow they managed to come back to life and win. Even the defense looked like a real defense in the 4th quarter yesterday. Sometimes they can surprise you.

In other news, the campus has settled back down to normal after last week's debate. I think WashU did a good job hosting it, and both candidates did a better job in their delivery on Friday. I will leave out my political commentary, but I thought it was interesting how Bush had an "invitation only" after debate celebration in Queeny Park, but Kerry has an open to the public celebration at the America Center. Bush gave a quick 5 minute talk so he could retire to his uncle's Town & Country manse, so he'd be rested for a $1200/plate breakfast for Matt Blunt the next day. Kerry spoke for 20 minutes, but the news had to cut him off after 5 minutes to give "equal air time". Like myself, Kerry wants to see a Cardinals vs. Red Sox World Series, but I think he wants a different winner in the outcome. I don't think he will "flip-flop" on that decision either!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!