Cards in a rut, Debate coming to campus!

Well, as soon as I say the Cardinals are on a roll, they fall into a 4 game losing slump. The starting pitching is really starting to worry me for the playoffs, particularly Matt Morris who has become very inconsistent of late. Luckily, a lot can change in one week, so I hope by next week the Cardinals will all be ready to actually play some ball.

It was fun watching the Presidential Debate last night (my daughter had to for school and it was her first full debate!). I don't think the debate will really change too many people's minds, since neither candidate wavered or said anything really stupid. But neither side really hit a big "home run" either. What is really more concerning to me personally, is that it all moves here to St. Louis and, more specifically, here to Washington University next week!! This place will be a zoo, and I won't even bother coming into campus on Friday. It will be better to watch it from home anyway since I am not sure who they are going to allow to get into the building to hear the candidates live. It will be interesting to see both candidates in a "town hall" debate where Kerry will truly have to show that he really has people skills, and where Bush probably has an upper hand in the "compassionate, caring individual" area. Edwards versus Cheney should be interesting as well, since I am curious how well Cheney can really stand up in a one on one situation against someone as charismatic as Edwards. We'll just have to see how it goes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!