Received new Casting Crowns CD

I received the new Casting Crowns CD, "The Altar and the Door", in the mail yesterday and the worst things I can say about it are: 1) It only has 10 songs and 2) what is that funny thing at the end of "All Because of Jesus"? Anyone who has the CD should know what I mean. It reminds me of MercyMe's "Coming Up To Breathe" which had a similar very weird hidden track at the end of the last song. It is one thing to have a hidden track at the end, but why do some artists put such unusual choices?. I did a Google search for "altar and the door" with "hidden track" and it appears to be a Korean peace song called "White Dove, Fly High". Weird. Otherwise, I like "The Altar and the Door" better than "Lifesongs" but not as much as their debut album. It has a lot more piano heavy ballads which are done very well and features Megan and Melodee more on vocals which contrast very well against Mark's voice.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have been googling this song for two days. It showed up on my Yahoojukebox and I have been going crazy trying to find out something about it. Very haunting melody but what a tease to not be able to find out anything about it.
Thanks for blogging on it so I know I am not going crazy!

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!