The best weather forecast -- Look out the window!

Well, the forecasters were actually a bit closer this time and we did get a few inches on the ground, but since the snow was pretty much over by this morning the road crews were able to do a great job clearing them out. That made my son very sad, until we received a late phone call at 6:45am from Ladue Schools saying that the district was closing school because they did not have enough bus drivers to drive all the buses. I know Parkway, Rockwood and other larger districts had already closed schools, so you would think those drivers could have covered the Ladue routes. It looks like Brentwood, Clayton and some other inner county districts are still holding classes today, though, so not every child had the day off. I thought about it awhile and decided to stay home too, more for the bitter sub-zero wind chills than the roads which do not look too bad. I know my favorite way to check the weather conditions is to just look out the window, and to check how it looks on campus I use the ClayCorp webcam pointed at the Brauer Hall construction. I snapped a picture using the nifty MWSnap freeware program and have that as my picture of the day for this posting. So anyway I changed the message on my machine to day I was staying home, checked my work e-mail to see what was going on in the department and even answered a few work related e-mails. I also checked how the systems were running to make sure everything was going fine. After an hour or so, I realized I had just done what I would have normally performed if I had gone into work anyway, but at least I didn't have to take off my slippers. Since I still have a billion vacation days to take, it is not so bad to take one off on the frigid days when I would have had to walked from the Metrolink to our building in the cold. Of course, once the pictured Brauer Hall is open (by next winter definitely) that walk will not be so frigid!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!