Cholesterol (LDL/HDL/Triglycerides) Ratio Calculator

I just went to see my physician this week, and they took some blood and analyzed my numbers. I have had elevated cholesterol numbers for a long time now, even though I am not too old and not overweight. My doctor called and gave me the numbers, mentioning that they were a little higher than before but still looked good, and the higher HDL number was good too. So I thought it was time to take my online calculator expertise to task to create an interactive cholesterol ratio calculator on my calculator website. If you know 3 of the 4 values of total cholesterol,. HDL, LDL and triglycerides, you can actually calculate the missing value, but I did not find any such calculator available! However, using PHP and a little bit of time I could do it myself as well as calculate the ratios that tell you how healthy your blood levels are relative to each other. So I thought I would share my creation to the world at large. It sure is not fun getting older, but we may as well try to understand it a little better! Seeing my numbers going up also makes me want to exercise more, and my favorite way to exercise is walking, primarily to and from my home to the Metrolink stations or to a Metrobus stop. See, public transportation is good for your heart too, it helps lower your LDL and increase your HDL numbers! Yet another reason to vote for Proposition A in St. Louis County on April 6.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!