Not A Snow Day for Me!

Well, last night and earlier this morning there was a snow storm that left a good 3 inches of snow on the ground. It closed all the public schools in the St. Louis area which meant my son could stay home from middle school, my wife did not have to substitute teach and my daughter could continue sleeping in until noon (since she is a college student on winter break). Unfortunately I had a meeting scheduled at 10:00am today, so although I could take my time getting to work, I had to be there by 10. Luckily that really just meant making my way the less than one mile down Eager Road to the Brentwood Metrolink station and then walking from the station to our building. By 9:00am while I was driving, Eager Road was in excellent shape from McCutcheon to the Metrolink station and all went well. The Metro folks kept the sidewalks at the Brentwood station clear and it looked like the heaters were turned on again. All was going smoothly until after climbing the stairs from Skinker station I turned the corner on the sidewalk along Forest Park Parkway to walk towards my building. Here it was after 9:00am and the sidewalk was not cleared at all. I would think if the university expected us to show up today and keep promoting public transportation, they would have the sidewalks cleared for those of us who walk down it every day. Luckily, due to the power of technology, I can document the fact that the sidewalks were not cleared at 9:00am. The wonderful Claycorp webcam pointed at Green Hall comes to the the rescue again. I have the 9:00am photo up on top which shows several folks walked over the snow covered sidewalk on their way to campus. Below I have the latest 12:26pm photo where you can see a path has been melted into the sidewalk, but it was never cleared.

In fact on my walk back from my meeting (where almost everyone who was expected to be there showed up) the main sidewalk leading from the North Brookings parking lot through the north side of campus was not cleared either.

That is a pretty sad display by our multi-billion dollar university! Luckily for Christmas I received some wonderful L.L.Bean Storm Chaser boots who simply laugh at the snow. I felt like Nanook of the North trudging through the snow covered sidewalks across campus! Unfortunately I cannot find the mens version of the lace-up Storm Chaser boots on the L.L.Bean site right now (only the slip-on version). Where could my lovely boots be?
Interestingly if I google for them they show up as item TA258401, and if I do a search on that item tag on the L.L.Bean site it shows right up. At $89.00 with no tax and free shipping they are a pretty good deal too. That's my deal of the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!