Yet Another Overhyped Winter Storm in St. Louis


Okay, it sounds like another winter storm is coming our way, but if you read the hourly timeline from weather.com is seems to very dependent exactly where in the St. Louis area you are and what temperature it will be. I first checked my own zip code of 63117 which pretty much means the middle of St. Louis County.  Above I have the weather.com hourly chart for us from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Below I have posted the same timeline for Hannibal, just an hour or so north of us
If you believe these charts, we will be a few degrees warmer than Hannibal, so in the evening our precipitation should be mostly liquid whereas the precipitation there will be a messy mix. Of course, my evening commute will be just driving from the Brentwood Metrolink station to our home about a mile away, so I am not expecting any problems on my brief venture along Eager and McCutcheon. And now it appears what I expected to be the most dangerous part of my journey (the walk from my building across campus to the Metrolink station) will at the worst be a little damp.

So today should not be much of a big deal. Tomorrow and Wednesday may be a different story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!