Truly a Historic Winter Storm!


We are receiving a historic winter storm here in St. Louis. Why historic? Because Washington University is actually closing early at 3:00pm and letting everybody go home! They never shut down the university! They even posted it on their emergency web site and they were able to use the WUSTLAlerts system they have been testing for a couple years. I was just helping someone in a classroom with a class that ended at 3:30pm, so I wonder if he will be ending at 3:00pm or not. In reality just a trace of precipitation is falling from the sky here right now at 2:00pm and the radar looks pretty scattered for the next couple hours. But if the powers that be say I should go home, who am I to argue with them? I had better check to see when the appropriate MetroLink train will be leaving and I hope it isn't too crowded. Hey, I could use my handy, dandy web app with the Blue Line Metrolink schedule. Luckily I noticed the Med School campus is not closing down so I do not have to worry about all those folks hopping on the Blue line trains to go home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BMI & BMR Calculator (Body Mass Index and Basal Metabolic Rate)

Trying out the L'Ecole Culinaire Presentation Room restaurant

Not all Frosted Window Films are the same!